Its been brought to my attention twice this last week that I haven't updated my blog since July 6th. Well sit down and get cozy because here comes a novel:) I don't know where the time goes.... Its already mid August and I feel like the summer just started. My girls are growing like weeds, keeping me busy. I am home with the girls most days and we spend most of our time outside in the girls little pool or on the playset. The sandbox, I would have to say, gets the most use. They would be in there day in and day out if the mosquitos would leave them alone. Making mud pies is their specialty. When we have to be indoors the girls play babies, color, read books, and of course follow me around like my shadow.
Sydney is making sure I follow up on my every word, that girl doesn't forget a thing. She got a "big girl" bike this summer and rides like a pro (with training wheels of course). We've had a few camping trips and she absolutely loves camping. We are hoping to have our own camper by next summer, we'll see.... Sydney loves playing teacher and dolls. Karsyn is usually the "baby" and does, for the most part, obey her commands. I find her on a daily basis telling Karsyn what to do and often very sternly. Wonder where she gets that from??? ;) She is always my big helper!!
Karsyn is saying new words everyday, along with a new facial expression to go with them. She has overcome her fear of pools. Every pool we have ever tried to get her into she cried and screamed if we tried to put her in it. Even the small blow up pool we use everyday. July 10 was the big day she went in the pool and loved it. Now I can't keep her out. I catch her climbing in with her clothes on everyday. I'm so glad we overcame that hurdle....would have been a long summer:)
Well, I'm sure I have only coverd a small fraction of what our summer has brought us, but there will be more another day....right??? Lets hope I don't let so much time lapse between blogs in the future. No pics today, sorry, but there will be some nextime.
No comments:
Post a Comment