Monday, March 5, 2012

Where's the time gone....??

Holy cats!!! Its been over two months since my last blog!!  So I guess I'll try and recap whats all been going on here.  January and February were pretty busy for our household.  Patrick has been working most weekends and squeezes in a fishing get a way when he can.  One trip with his college buddies and a couple with his Dad, his brother Mike and his soon to be brother-in-law Troy. Which means the girls and I have a few weekends for some "girl time".   My sister, Sara, came and visited us one weekend and we made a trip to one of the local water parks.  Then one weekend we made a trip to St. Cloud and went to the Bounce Depot with "the boys", Kayden, Tyler and Tyson.  With the girls birthdays approaching we had to schedule a weekend to clean the garage.  Which is usually mostly Patrick's department but I like to be around to help keep him on track.  =)  We had the girls' birthday parties together this year on February 25th.  Which I am not a huge fan of but with their birthdays two weeks apart it only makes sense to do them together.  Just makes for a long day and is kind of overwhelming, at times, for me.  The menu for the party was once again TACOS!!  The girls' favorite!  Sydney turned 5 February 22nd and Karsyn will be 3 this Wednesday (March 7th)! 

~What Syd's up to these days.....

Sydney is pretty much teaching herself how to read.  She has her favorite books pretty much memorized and is looking at the words more closely and tries to match the words in her head to the words in the book.  Its fun to watch her. 

She, as usual, is still trying to boss her little sister around and be the "mom" when they play.  It cracks me up when I hear Karsyn yell "you not the mom of me!"  That's when I know Karsyn's had enough. 

Syd's also been getting more responsibilities around the house....she gets to bring the recycling to the bin in the garage.  She is a big help at supper, setting the table and grabbing things from the fridge as we need them. 

At bath time she's in charge of getting the bath "ready" which just means tuning the water on and plugging the drain.  She loves it!   

~What Karsyn's been up to.....

Karsyn LOVES to read books to her babies and to whomever will listen. 

She is VERY independent and wants to do everything herself.  Even redoing things I've done so she gets to do it herself!  Cute....but kind of annoying when we're in a time crunch.  =)

Karysn, as of the last couple weeks has been able to go potty with out the use of a step stool!! 

She is a bit of a Mama's girl and doesn't let Daddy do a whole lot of anything for her these days.  She's even been refusing to give him a hug and kiss at bedtime.  I am going to have a chat with her because I think Daddy's having a hard time with that and actually gets mad when I bring it up and talk about it......

No comments:

Post a Comment