Since the previous parent days were so fun I hadn't thought about the emotions that would come with today. As silly as this may sound...preschool graduation....really got to me today. Hit me like a ton of bricks! We weren't even in the door 5 minutes and the tears made an appearance. Started with a letter Miss Laurie gave to us. Reminding us to treasure this time with our kids at this age as her kids are 24 &18. And that once our kids get into elementary school, things will never be quite the same again..... Then Sydney picked a book to read (the name escapes me) and it was about all the "firsts" we have been through and will experience and then all the "lasts" that are to come. All the way up to college and having a family of their own! Really Syd?? Nice choice....I couldn't even finish reading it, we just talked about the pictures. Then the slide show with some sappy music! I'm lucky I had tissues in my pocket (not intended for today but glad I had them). If this is how I react to preschool graduation what am I going to be like at the other milestones...not to mention High School graduation??? Yikes!!
So I will enjoy this summer to its fullest....enjoying my kids before fall comes and I have to send my KINDERGARTNER on the BUS!!! OH MAN!! That one is gonna be a dousey....
No comments:
Post a Comment