Friday, February 11, 2011

Mommy guilt!

I signed Karsyn up for an ECFE class and her first class was last week.  I have to work the first wednesday of the month so I was just going to skip the first class and that would be fine.  After talkng to Patrick one night before that he mentioned he didn't have much going that week so I threw it out there and asked if he'd be willing to take her to class.  I told him what I thought it would entail, being there the whole time with her, signing up for a snack day and a rough idea what the class would be like.  He said that he could handle it asked where it was and what time.  I kinda had an idea that he was going to be the only dad there and made him aware of that.  I was kind of suprised that he agreed so quickly and was fine with it.  So anyway I left for work and he took Syd to daycare and Karsyn to her class and we didn't get a chance to talk about it until late that night. He let me know what day I had for snack and what kinds of foods to bring, and of course gave me a quick story of the "naughty" kid in class. Glad it went well for him so next month he can take her again if it works out. =)

 So this week I took her to class and during her class I take Syd to sibling care which I renamed "the playroom" for Syd's sake.  Sounds more appealing, I think for Syd. =)  Karsyn is one of the older kids in her class, the kid's ages range from 13 months to 24 months.  Class went well, we got to make some valentine themed things and played in the gym (which was the highlight).  I and am proud to say that Karsyn was one of the best behaved kids in the class!  Now that I say that she'll be the "naughty" one the other mom's talk about next week.  =)  So....then I went to pick up Sydney from "the playroom" feeling good about how well Karsyn's class went....  I get there and one of the ladies says to me "can you bring a snack for her next week?"  I said "sure, was I supposed to this week?"  She says "yeah, just something little."  She went on and said, "while the other two kids ate she just watched cause they weren't sure if she had allergies to anything."  OMG!!  I felt HORRIBLE, like I was the worst parent EVER!  I was trying to think back it this was info that Patrick was supposed to pass on to me but no.......he didn't even take Syd to sibling care last week she was a daycare.  Even the little pamphlet he brought home expained sibling care and didn't say one iota about bringing a snack for her to eat there.  I was a little irratated to say the least.  Poor thing, her favorite time of day is snack time so having to SIT there and WATCH the others eat....wonder what she thought??  So when we got to the car I asked her how it went and she said, "good."  I said "what did you do?"  she said, "watched two kids eat snack."  Geez, I felt bad already but her saying that did it in and guess what the kids got for lunch that day....yup, MCDONALDS!!  Mommy guilt big time!!! 

1 comment:

  1. You should not feel bad about that! Was Karsyn's classroom really that far away, that they couldn't come find you to see if she had allergies? They couldn't have called you? I am really irritated by this! Poor Syd!!! Totally NOT your fault!
    If it makes you feel any better, I was 10 minutes late to pick Kayden up from preschool last week, so when I got there, he was standing there in his coat and hat and mittens with his little backpack on while the two teachers cleaned up! I felt horrible, but they assured me it's no big deal....I WON'T let it happen again!

    ReplyDelete