Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Now that I'm 4....



It's official my little Sydney is 4!  We had her birthday party last saturday.  My family arrived friday night, Gandpa, Robyn, Sara, Sami and Adyson.  We started the day by giving her a much needed haircut.  My sister Robyn did the honors like usuall and did a great job, considering Sydney wouldn't hold still at all.  She cut about 2" which made for a pretty dramatic change.  Then after that we headed out to the garage to get ready for the party.  After getting tables arranged Robyn, Sami and I headed into town to get some balloons and some last minute decorations.  Soon after that Mike, Sarah and the boys arrived.  We had a quick little lunch and put the little kids down for a nap.  A little bit later the rest of the guests arrived:  Grandpa, Grandma, Rhonda and Troy.  We spent most of the day in the garage playing cards and chatting.  As I mentioned in a previous blog, we had planned to have tacos and mint chocolate chip ice cream cake for dessert.  The taco idea was a hit and was easy to do.  We ended the night with Sydney opening her presents and the kids running crazy in the garage playing until they ran out of gas. =)  Now in a little under a month we'll have another birthday party for Karsyn as she turns 2!!  CRAZY!!!

This might sound weird but Sydney turning 4 was harder on me than her turning 1.  4 just seems so big!  Here are a couple of Syd sayings now that she's 4.

"Now that I'm 4....."

*  "I can lift heavy things." (including her sister)

*  "I don't have to hold your had all the time."

*  "I can help Karsyn go potty."

*  "I can open the car door." (from the outside....didn't go as well as she would have liked today but she tried, we won't be trying that again anytime soon)

I begged her to stay 3 but she just wouldn't!  Before I know it she'll be in kindergarten and....yikes.....I'm gonna stop there!  Don't want to even think about that other stuff just yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment