Monday, March 7, 2011

Catch up

So I realised I haven't blogged for a while and need to catch up on all the things happening with us.

A couple weekends ago we went to our nephew Kayden's 4 bday party.  It was at the bowling alley in Albany, Sydney was way excited (anything involving Kayden is so exciting).  We took the kids bowling, which Sydney and Karsyn enjoyed ALOT!!!  I had to tear them away form the alleys.  Telling them it was time to have pizza and juice boxes did the trick and both came along with no problem.  Later as we walked past the alleys for potty breaks Karsyn would say "I bowbing, I bowbing!"   Also, they had a blast playing the arcade type games there.  Pretending to drive and who was going faster contests, trading seats, giggling, it was fun to watch them.  Oh and thank goodness they don't realise yet that those machines take money to actually play!  =)  I'm sure they will figure it out sooner or later but for now its great, cheap entertainment!!  It was a fun day!

This past weekend we were at Patrick's parents house.  His cousin Phil had a fish fry saturday at his farm not far from Patrick's parents house.  They had planned a fishing outing in the morning to catch fish for it.  Patrick asked me if he should take Sydney with and I said that I had heard Mike and Kayden we going to be coming to Grandpa and Grandma's before fishing so good luck getting out the door without taking her.  =)  He agreed to take her with (not very excited about it tho).  His past outings with just him and her haven't been  very successful.  She has been know to fall in holes and gets kinda antsy AND we haven't mastered potty breaks out on the ice yet.  =)   So off they went.  Later that morning I hadn't heard anything form them so I text Patrick and asked how syd was doing.  He said I assume she's fine...she's been in Mike's house all morning.  Sydney had fun and didn't even fall in any holes!!  She went again the following morning with Daddy, Grandpa, Uncle Mike and Kayden.  I think Patrick is making her his little fishing buddy, which is just fine with me!!  Before the fish fry we took the kids on a tour of the farm.  Sydney and Karsyn loved seeing all the animals and tried to get the calves to eat some straw.  We went in the barn to see some "big cows" and some bunnys.  Then Phil hooked up his horses to a sleigh and took all the kiddos on a sleigh ride.  Afterwards Syd asked "horses wear shoes?"  It was funny!!  She looked so confused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment