Sunday, March 27, 2011

The dentist.....

So last Tuesday I took Sydney in for her dental checkup.  She did really well at the last one so I wasn't sweating it a bit.  Even brought Karsyn with to let her have a ride in the chair and see what it's all about.  I also explained to Syd how she has to show Karsyn how easy it is because next time Karsyn will have a turn. We got there and she did great, let my friend/coworker, Michele, count her teeth and things were going fine.  Then Michele asks how old Sydney is and mentions that it would be great if we could get some pictures of her teeth (x-rays).  That's where things go a little nuts.  Michele takes Sydney to a different chair and I follow with Karsyn. She starts the x-rays and Syd does well on the first couple.  I couldn't see Syd's face but I could hear her gagging on the next ones.  She wasn't crying or putting up much of a fuss at that point.  After that was done we head back to our chair and then Syd loses it.  Starts crying and saying she doesn't like the dentist anymore and doesn't want to come back here ever again.  While the x-rays are developing Michele cleans her teeth as Sydney is sobbing LOUDLY and making a HUGE fuss. Then after a couple minutes the x-rays are done and we look and one didn't turn out, Syd must have moved it because it was blank, nothing on it.  So had to redo it. Great....  So off Sydney went with Michele and did it again, this time I stayed back and let Karsyn have a ride in the chair and check things out.  The x-ray was better, she had opened her mouth a bit so it wasn't perfect but they were able to see what they needed.  Thank goodness!!  Upon reviewing the x-rays with the Dr she discovers, to my surprise, she has a couple "watch spots", the start of a couple cavities in between a couple of her teeth.  She goes on to explain that if they stay how they are they won't have to do anything and that if they get worse they'll have to do something about them (fillings or what not).  We are very religious brushers at our house and would floss here and there.  But now we floss EVERY night and hopefully those "watch spots" stay as they are. ;)

On a different note Karsyn loved the ride in the chair and I had a hard time getting her out of it when it was Sydney's turn again.  It was funny she was saying "I dodee, I dodee" (I do it, I do it).  Hope that keeps up when its really her turn.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment