Monday, March 7, 2011

Karsyn's 2!!!

So my little stinker turned two today!  I had to work today so she spent the day at Tammy & Trevor's (our daycare).  They always have a little birthday celebration for each of the kids' birthdays.  They have fun games and always have cupcakes for afternoon snack.  They get a little present for the birthday boy/girl.  Today Karsyn got a puzzle.  This morning when I was at work I got a text message from a number I didn't know, (I recieved from a text from an unkown number the other day so I was kind of annoyed) then a pic of Karsyn came up playing bingo and one of her opening her present.  It made my day!  So after work I ran to target to pick up Karsyn's present, (bean bag chair like her sisters) picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza for supper, then picked up the girls.  We  had a fun night with just the 3 of us, Patrick was out of town working but got home in time to smooch the girls goodnight.  Her birthday party is March 19th so there's more to come! 

It's funny how much I thought about what happened two years ago today, how vivid most of the details still are. 
March 6, 2009: I went into work a couple hours late that day to rest due to the busy afternoon schedule.  I worked until about 4.  I called Patrick on the way home and he said he got a call from his friends Bill and Tiffany (who just had a baby a couple weeks before that) to come see their new baby.  After a nice visit we decided to head back home and get Sydney to bed about 9:30 or so.  On the way home I told Patrick I thought I was having contractions and he didn't believe me at all.  So I put Syd to bed and told Patrick I was going to throwsome last minute things in my bag and go to sleep inase this was "real".  He continued his internet surfing and didn't think much of what I had just said.  So it was about 10pm when I went to sleep.  I woke about midnight and the contractions were worse.  Patrick had come in the room just as I woke and I told him that it was "real."  He said he was just gonna go to bed.  Ha!  He should have listened!

March 7, 2009:  we spent the next couple hours timing contractions and made arragements for someone to stay with Syd.  Finally about 3am we headed into the hospital, we were in our room by 3:30 and by (this is where it gets kinda fuzzy) 5 or 6am I got a spinal tap and relaxed for a while with no pain, then it was time to push.  About 4-5 pushes later she was out, 7:30am.  When she came out they put her on my chest and no one said what she was for a couple minutes.  Then they asked me if I knew what "it" was and I said no we haven't looked yet.  Then we looked and saw we had another beautiful girl on our hands!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment