Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stir Crazy

So after our long week of icky sickness I was looking forward to a fresh start.  Ready to get back in our routine.  Needless to say after a week of sick kids and a sick husband I was ready to return to work today.  Then a small tinge of the flu bug was lingering.  Sydney woke up Monday night puking again.....  What!!  This can't be happening again!!  I was a little concerned because this was her 3rd puking episode in about a weeks time.  So I called the triage nurse and explained what was happening.  She said it sounded like Sydney was contracting the same flu repeatedly. She went on to say that if the puking continued to bring her in, but for now just wait it out and keep her on fluids.  OK, so I spent ALL of Monday morning CLEANING EVERYTHING.  Toys, doorknobs, light switches, etc....  Finally I got a shower, we had lunch and we spent the remainder of the day OUTSIDE!!  When Tuesday passed and no one else had gotten sick again I was certain I'd be at work today with no problem.  .....then I got a call from our daycare at 8pm last night saying they would be closed today due to a family emergency.  OK....so counting only weekdays (not weekends) I have been home with the kiddos for 8 straight days in a row.  My husband who has been so busy with work, leaving the house by 7 am and not returning most nights til 9pm or later, isn't able to help much to say the least.  I'm going a little STIR CRAZY and need some adult conversation.  I am realizing now that I don't think I could ever be a full time stay at home mom.  I really do LOVE my kids, but also really LOVE my job.  I am lucky to have found such a great balance between the two.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment