Hi! Yes it's me! No I haven't forgotten about blogging I just been having a hard time making time for it. So its 10:00pm on a Sunday night and I can't sleep, most likely due to these three reasons, I took a 20 min snooze with Karsyn today, I had a Dr. Pepper at 3:00 and my husband is snoring. :) So thought I'd do something productive. So here's a bit of what we've been up to lately....
Sydney's gymnastics classes have ended......but at home they haven't. She pretends she's the teacher and does reenactments of the classes. And of course tries to teach Karsyn but that doesn't always go well. ;) She is now taking swimming lessons every Monday afternoon and LOVES them!! She can't wait to go every week and tries to do reenactments of those in the bath tub.....mopping up lots of water these days!! I tell ya that tub is getting a little small for the two of them together some days. We also had a milestone with Sydney yesterday. She is riding her bike without training wheels!!! She has been begging me for about a month now to take off her training wheels and well....I just wasn't ready for that and didn't think she was either. So yesterday I took them off and we started practicing. I couldn't believe how well she took off with it. We worked at it for about an hour or so and even the rain didn't stop us! She did great at going straight and then when she tried turning she'd put her feet down and stop afraid she'd tip over. She was so proud and couldn't wait to show Daddy when he got home. Today we worked on turns and starting without me helping or without her hanging on to something. I thought for sure she'd get frustrated and ask me to put the training wheels back on but she didn't and is loving it. Can't believe she's ditching her training wheels!!
Karsyn is really becoming a "big girl" lately and has let me know it too. The other day I called her "my little baby girl" and she said "NO! Big Girl!!!" OK...big girl it is... =( She has been doing a pretty good job of keeping up with her big sister. Does or tries to do anything Syd does. Like climb UP the slide instead of using the steps. She can get on and off her swing all by herself! Climbs the rock wall on the swing set with ease. Karsyn has been into bugs, spiders, and anything creepy and crawly. Pretty much anything that makes me squirm. Oh, and tonight after supper I called out "Karsyn where are you?" "Are you with Daddy?" (he was in the bedroom changing) Patrick says "No." Then I hear her yell something I couldn't make out right away so Patrick relayed it to me. She said, "On puter, be there second!" Yep, she was on the computer, pretending to be Mommy telling me she'd be there in a second! ;) A phrase the girls may have heard me say a few times... =) Her vocabulary is getting so big and yet has a language all her own. "Wort" = dessert, "fursty" = thirsty, "u nacks" = fruit snacks....cute!!
My girls are growing up so fast, I need to remind myself that the dishes, laundry and housework can wait and take the time to really enjoy them while they are little and while they still like me! ;) Before I know it they'll be 13 and I'll be embarrassing.....
No comments:
Post a Comment