Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My "Big Kid"

Summer is winding down pretty quick and soon my 4 1/2 year old will be going to preschool 3 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day. She is pumped, she LOVES school!  I am glad for her to start but also a bit sad.  My little girl is growing up.  I just hope Karsyn doesn't get too bored without her big sister. The days she has to go to daycare and Syd goes to school will be interesting.  Karsyn hasn't ever been to daycare without Syd before.  I am predicting that the first few days will be tough....but it will be good for the both of them to have sometime apart and do their own thing.  Along with school starting there are some friends leaving daycare because they will be in kindergarten and now Sydney is going to be the oldest kid at daycare when she goes.  She is pretty excited about being a "big kid".  Being I only work 8 days a month and my days home with the girls are pretty relaxed, we have our little routine.  But, now with having to get Syd to school by 8:15 3 days a week is going to be a change.  Karsyn often times will sleep til 8:00 so she might be coming along in her jammies to drop off Sissy.  Karsyn and I don't get much one on one time, so it will be nice to have scheduled time to do that.  Sad that my girls are growing up, but excited to see what new things are to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment