Today was the big day for Syd. She's been waiting for it, asking often when she gets to go. Preschool started today! We had orientation last Thursday so we knew where to go and who her teachers were going to be. We get to preschool, go to her classroom, hang up her back pack and one of her teachers and I start chatting. (since it was the first day I expected it to be crowded, so I had planned a quick goodbye with Syd) But before I knew it she was gone and in the classroom finding her "shape" on the rug for group time. OK then bye Syd....have fun at your first day of preschool.... =( When I picked her up I asked her how the first day was and what she did. She said "we had popcorn for snack and milk....white milk, and we got to pour our own milk." "OK so what else, did you make art projects?" She said "no, we played outside and played in the gym." She had a great first day and she can't wait to go back. She is already counting the days til she gets to go again! =)
So after Karsyn and I dropped off Syd at preschool, we had to do some paperwork on the way out and we were off to Karsyn's first ever Dentist appointment. I had wanted to take her without Sydney along because I figured she'd be a bit fussy and non-cooperative (as brushing her teeth at home can sometimes be difficult). We got there and went back with my friend Michele and got started. She hopped up in the chair and Michele showed her all the cool stuff and even let her play with it a little. So I waited for it....the fussing....the wanting mommy.....the non-cooperative Karsyn I was expecting.....but....NOTHING!! What!? This can't be, she was the most COOPERATIVE patient I had ever seen (and I'm a Dental Assistant)!! She did great!! She let Michele clean ALL her teeth and she didn't even fuss one second. She wore some super duper purple sunglasses and just laid there and did amazing!! What a relief!! A great day for both my girls!!! =)



No comments:
Post a Comment