Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Obsessions....

My girls have some obsessions, some of you may think I'm raising a couple of girls that are a few fries short of a happy meal after you hear them. 

1) The one for this week is GUM!  So a couple weeks ago we were at my Dad's and the girls got into some gum and had a grand ole time.  Ever since then Syd has been making comments here and there about it.  She says to me a couple days ago.  "Mom at Grandpa Steve's when we had gum, Karsyn had some and she didn't even swallow it."  "She chewed it the whole time!"  So on Monday after we dropped Syd off at school Karsyn and I were off running errands and she says to me, "mommy I have gum?"  So I thought I'd test her and see if she would swallow it or what would happen.  I explained the gum rules first:  the gum must stay in your mouth, when you are done with it put it in the trash, and lastly do not swallow it. So...I gave her a piece and she chewed it the whole time in Kohl's and was very proud of the fact that she actually was chewing gum. I am now aware what a big mistake that was.... Ever since that day every five minutes she is asking for gum, just like she used to ask for fruit snacks.  She digs into my purse for it, and even tries to get her big sister to get it for her.  I tell you its like an addiction for her.  So I am currently thinking of a plan to rid this problem in our house. 

2) BAND-AIDS.  If my girls get the slightest scratch, bump or whatever they consider to be an "owie" they need a band-aid!  I used to give in to it and say, whats the big deal its just a band-aid, but now that there's two of them wanting band-aid every five minutes it gets expensive.  Band-aids aren't cheap, at least the ones that stick aren't cheap anyway.  So if it's not bleeding, it's not getting a band-aid!  Something my husband said from day one...

3) TACOS.  I'll ask the girls often what they want for lunch, or I'll say what should we have for supper?  One of them usually says tacos.  They LOVE tacos, and would eat them for every meal if I'd let them. 

4) MEDICINE.  I have heard stories from a few people that they have a hard time getting their kids to take medicine.  Not my kids, they absolutely LOVE taking medicine.  I have never had a problem getting them to take it, when its medicine time they are RUNNING to the bathroom first to take it.  Often fighting over who gets it first or who is the most sick.  And their fluoride vitamin is what they look forward to most at bedtime, its their bedtime "treat". 

5) BRUSHING TEETH.  I have also heard stories from people that they have a hard time brushing their kids teeth or getting kids to brush their teeth.  Well....brushing teeth is a hot commodity at our house. First its who gets to go first, then picking the color of flosser, and finally the VITAMIN!  Karsyn is way more obsessed than Syd, I'll find Karsyn in the bathroom throughout the day, randomly, trying to brush her teeth.  Your teeth are clean girl, give them a break!  =) 

Now that you've read a list of my girls obsessions, are they really that strange?  Are they a few fries short of a happy meal??  Tell me, I can take it. 

What are your kids obsessed with?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment