Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer in a Nut Shell

I figured I'd better sneak in a quick blog as the later half our summer is turning out to be busier than the earlier half....

I can't believe we've only camped once this summer so far.....Father's Day weekend!  So I ask myself what have we been up to that we've camped once??  Well to sum it up we had some visitors, we made a couple trips to WI, helped Rhonda and Troy settle in their new home.  Made our annual trip to the Pine Grove Zoo in Little Falls with Sarah and the boys and Susan and her boys.  Patrick and I with our Dad's made it to the Twins/Brewers game!  Fun, although we got rained on! We shampooed our basement carpets one weekend....I know a yucky job but love it once its done.  We had another trip to WI for my sister Robyn's surprise 30th birthday party!  Which she was thoroughly surprised!!  And yet ANOTHER trip to WI to spend the weekend at the Becker cabin in Cable, WI with Mike, Sarah and the boys.  We relaxed, went swimming and as usual ate way to much! 

                                            Our trip to the Pine Grove Zoo in Little Falls.
                                  The girls were brave enough to feed some animals this year!!
                                                       
                                              Best Buds~ Karsyn and Tyler!  Cute!!

                                              Checking out some bear cubs!!  Sooo cute!! 


I enrolled both the girls in swimming lessons this year.  Which they LOVE!  I opted to sign up Karsyn for a the class with a parent in the water, due to her timidness with water plus I didn't think she'd step foot in the water without me.  Karsyn was a little old for the class so it was hard for me to grasp the idea that I was paying this lady to play with splash balls and cups of water (things that I could have done) and do pretty much "baby" stuff.  I soon realized that it wasn't about that it was about getting her used to the idea of a teacher around and exposing her to that atmosphere.  so it ended up being worth it.  So we did 6 weeks of that and then her teacher and I decided that she is ready for the next class without a parent in the water.  YIKES!  I wasn't going to sign the girls up for another round of lessons this summer but decided to go ahead with another 6 weeks to keep her in the groove.  The first class was last night....although I had my doubts.....she did great!!  She went in with no problem!!  What a relief!  A bonus for the girls was that Patrick was able to come watch and the girls were delighted!  A bonus for me I didn't have to get in the water and was able to relax and watch both my girls form the sidelines and take some pictures  :)

                                                            Karsyn's went first!
                                                     
 Syd's turn!!! 

Over half our summer is over but there are many more memories to make!  I may not be on the frequent side of blogging but please don't tune out!!  I'll be back!!  ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment