Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Kindergarten
It's official....I have a kindergartner! The first day of school went great! Sent her on the bus (which Mom was dreading) and we both did OK (Mom teared up a bit but held it together) she walked her way across the road to the bus and didn't look back (did much better then Mom). Its wasn't til later that the tears rolled for me. To my surprise, it was an "aha" moment as to why I had been so emotional the weeks before the big day. I thought it was obvious....my little girl is growing up and I'm a big baby....man was I wrong. It hit me like a ton of bricks....I wish my Mom was here to see her and be there for me at this HUGE milestone....after that I was on the verge of tears all day. Thankfully, at work that day it was a non-patient, cleaning day for me and I was alone. Later that day I got a call from school saying there was some kind of mix up on her bus card and that she didn't get sent on the bus. So of course I gladly picked her up and tried to pry as much info out of her as I could, but she was pretty quiet about it all. She came home Wednesday with the best news Patrick and I could have asked for..."My friend Maya from daycare rides my bus!" Maya joined our daycare this summer and turns out is our neighbor too. She is in 3rd grade and a great friend to all the kids at daycare (according to our daycare). Whew!! What a relief!! It is now the 6th day of school (Syd pointed that out to me this morning) and she LOVES it! The only thing she complains about is being tired in the morning. So we have adjusted bedtime a bit. To sum it up....Mom survived the first week of kindergarten!! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment