Tuesday, February 13, 2018
2018....Fresh new start.
Alright, here I am making another attempt at consistent blogging. Sometimes I feel silly blogging but when they pop up on my FB memories I remember why I do it. It is because I have a horrible memory. It is certainly NOT to brag. I won't retro-blog to catch up because the thought of that is very overwhelming and then it for sure wouldn't happen.... It is a fresh new year and a fresh start is in order.
It is 2018, I have a 5th grader, 3rd grader & a preschooler.....
Sydney will soon be 11 and is in her first year of middle school. She absolutely LOVES it (I think mainly because she can wear whatever she wants). She tried basketball this fall and didn't love it, Santa brought us a basketball hoop this past Christmas so I'm hoping once that goes up that may spark some interest, we'll see. She just told me this morning that she may want to try track & field. Reading is still her love, and she excels at school. Found out her reading level is that of an eight grader. Her homework is ALWAYS done before she gets home. If only I could find a way to get her to be as diligent about keeping her room clean as she is with her homework and reading. Never ending battle....then I ask myself does it really matter? If it doesn't bother her why should it bother me, its her room right??
Karsyn will soon be 9 and is in the 3rd grade. She is the only Frericks kid at St. Francis this year, which was an adjustment for her. She did well though. Karsyn is a great reader, doesn't have the love for it like Sydney but I'm not too sure any of us do! Ha! She loves to play outside and will do almost anything to avoid homework! In school they are learning multiplication tables. Every night she practices them with us. There is something special about Karsyn, she has this practical side to her thinking, at times, that she will see the other perspective and reasoning well beyond her years. Sometimes when I am thinking out loud she will hear and try to help me solve my problem and she usually figures it out! Her favorite thing to do is cuddle on the couch watching a movie with some popcorn.
Wesley is 4 1/2 and is in preschool (KinderClub). It works out that he goes only on the days that I work, so I get to spend 1-2 days per week with him depending on the week. He loves to wrestle/rough house, color, play legos, jump off anything possible & play outside as much as he can. Wesley does swimming lessons once a week, he has come a long way since we started. He's able to put his face in the water for at least 10 seconds, a year ago we were lucky to get 1 second with his face in the water. He has become quite the little fish. He loves to wear jeans and is very opinionated on what he is wearing for the day. His favorite foods are pizza, tacos, brats, hot dogs and PB & J-hold the PB.
Right now our weeknights are pretty low key. The only kid running is for Syd's piano lesson & swimming lessons for the kids. So most nights we are home. I'm enjoying it for now, I'm sure soon enough there will be interest in extra curricular activities and will be way more kid running with practices and going to friends houses etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment