Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

With my girls weekend behind me, I come home to my girls who I missed very much.  Its great to get time away but also great to be back in the routine of things again.  Laundry, cleaning, and of course resuming mommy duty.  =)  We stayed home for Thanksgiving this year, being Patrick had to work.  I made ham, (Patrick isn't fond of turkey) green bean cassarole, squash, mashed potatoes, and ruhbarb dessert.  It was pretty good! 

Thrusday night, my sister-in-law, Rhonda came up to our house for the weekend.  We went black friday shopping in Brainerd for the second year.  Which I never though I'd do in a million years!  I was always the one saying I'd never go shopping on black friday, those people are crazy.  Not being a fan of crowds and not a big shopper myself, I'd just assume stay away from all the chaos.  Just watching the news of the aftermath was enought to keep me away from the madness.  Well some how I got talked in to going last year and have found its kind of exciting, hunting down the deals, getting up early....kind of a nice change of pace for a few hours.  We got up a 2:30am and were to Kohl's by 3:00am, where I got some awesome memory foam pillows for myself and Patrick and a couple gifts for people on my Christmas list.  Then it was off to Target where I picked up a digital camera and some 700 tc bed sheets (for myself) and some more people got crossed off my Christmas list.  After that off to breakfast at 371 Diner about....6:30ish.  A couple more stops just to brouse and we were back home by 9:30am.  By the end of the day I had most of my shopping done!!  Woot Woot!! 

Saturday, Rhonda, the girls and I put up our Christmas tree!  Played a lil Christmas music and had a blast!  Sydney asked me a couple of times later that night when we were going to take our tree down.  She thought it was a one day thing, too cute!!  Trying to explain time to a 3 1/2 year old in weeks or months is impossible.  She counts everything by days or nights lately. 

Sunday we were off to a couple of Thanksgiving celebrations for Patrick's side.  Spent more time on the road then at the celebrations, but we're used to that!  Karsyn had her first outing in undies, I was kind of nervous about it.  Deciding to go the diaper route or undies.  She did great!  No accidents all day, except later that night at Grandpa and Grandma's when she had to go poo.  Still working on that......very excited to see the end of diapers nearing!! 

Today the girls were in daycare and I went to St. Cloud with some girlfriends and did some more Christmas shopping.  Ate lunch at Olive Garden!  Yum!!!  Just a couple little things left on my list and I'm done!!  Then time for wrapping all those presents....Yikes!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment