Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kinda Crazy!

Last weekend we ended up staying home, which was nice!  Saturday Patrick was in the garage all day making some kind of contraption for his 4 wheeler to go ice fishing.  So while Karsyn was napping Sydney and I went through the girls crayons and took out all the broken ones and melted them into "cookie crayons".  They actually look more like reeces peanut butter cups.  She enjoyed some "mommy time".  Once that was done and cleaned up, we got the idea from some friends of ours to go to Sertoma Winter wonderland.  Its a whole bunch of Christmas lights you pay $10 per car and drive on through and see all the displays.  At the end, inside, they have a Santa there to take pictrues with.  We went last year and Syd loved it.  Well as the day went on Patrick got involved in is project and we didn't end up going....I was kinda bummed.  We WILL go another day!  Some friends stopped over and we played some Christmas bingo which was a hit because our markers were M&M's.  The kids played and watched "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" while the adults chatted.  A fun night.  Sunday kind of a lazy day, watched the vikings....had some popcorn.  Then Sydney comes up to me and says, mommy we should make something with those "cutters".  So we made some Christmas cut out cookies and the girls had so much fun cutting the shapes and of course making a mess!! The only flaw was I had no frosting and whats a cut out cookie with no frosting???  Well its just not the same, so I searched all my cook boods for a frosting recipe and seemed I was missing at least one ingredient from each one I found...ugh!  So I picked up some frosting on Monday and finally got the cookies frosted on Tuesday.  Which with the frosting and sprinkles was another messy deal, but oh well.  I'm trying to be better about messes and not freak....deep breaths and counting to 10 helps! 

This weekend we are headed to Patrick's parents to process all the deer we got this year.  We make sausage, ground venison, and summer sausage.  With all the little ones now I don't usually get involved too much.  My sister-in-law Sarah and I will be on kid duty, which is just fine for me! =)  Although that can be exhausting in its self....  

Next weekend is my family's Christmas (the Becker side).  We usually go to a hotel and spend the weekend with my relatives.  Its a fun time!  We do a gift exchange where each person brings a gift then we draw cards and each gets a turn to pick a gift.  Then it gets interesting....at each persons turn they get a chance to steel someones' gift that's been open.  Its gets kind of wild sometimes. This year we are staying at a hotel with a waterpark in Eau Claire.  It should be fun!  We head down friday and stay at the hotel til sunday.  Sunday afternoon we head to my dad's and celebrate Christmas at his house.  We head back to Brainerd monday and spend Christmas Eve at our house.  Christmas day night we go to the Frericks' Christmas.  We spend the night at Grandpa and Grandma's (Patrick's parents) as it gets to be a late night.  Get up and celebrate Christmas with them.  Its alot of running....kinda crazy but I wouldn't change a thing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment