Monday, December 13, 2010

Smarty Pants

So I've known for a while now that I have a little smarty pants on my hands.  Just wanted to share with you some of her latest stuff.

The other morning I was getting ready and Sydney was in the bedroom with me.  She asks me, "is daddy watching Handy Manny out there"  I popped my head out the door and said, "I think he's watching the news".   She says, "f you checked, why did you say I think?"   Ok.....  She's right, I checked therefore I should know what he's watching!  Geez!! 

On TV the other day there were some kids sledding and I said, "look Syd they're sliding"  she says "no mom its sledding not sliding".  Wow, again she's right its sledding! 

In a hurry to get the girls in their carseats one day I say, "Syd can you hop up in your chair while I buckle Karsyn in?"  She says, "mom its a carseat not a chair."  Again she's right!  I guess I need to really take the advice  give my husband.....think before you speak.  I'm not quite used to someone hanging on my EVERY word. =) 

So unfortunately my household hasn't been the picture of health lately.  Wednesday Sydney woke at 5:15 yelling "mommy, I puked. "  Of course my husband doesn't jump up at the chance to clean up puke so off I go.  Threw her in bed with Patrick while I worked out and got ready for the day.  I prepared myself for a day of Syd laying around and doing my best to keep the girls seperated as to keep the flu germs contained.  After a couple more puking episodes a two hour nap, toast and a bath she was pretty much back to normal.  Still quite pale but eating like a horse and wanting to do "projects".  That same day I noticed Karsyn coming down with a cold, then by Thursday Syd has picked up the cold as well.  Both developed nasty coughs.  By saturday Karsyn's cough sounded like a "bark", and would have coughing spasms, just miserable.  So sunday off to urgent care it was.  After the Dr checked ears, he discovered a ear infection in her right ear.  Then listening to her breathe, ordered chest xrays.  Ok.....  I was getting a tad freaked to say the least.  After looking at those he discovered a small spot that he called "the start of pnemonia".  Wow!!  I wasn't expecting that answer!  I guess I didn't know what to really expect.  He ordered a antibiotic shot and perscription antibiotic to follow.  She is doing much better, thank god!!  I'm ready to  wash my hands of these sickly germs and have a healty household once again, just in time for Christmas!  Wohoo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment