Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Weird Wednesday

Today was a weird day to say the least!  I had arrangements made with our neigbor to watch one of her girls, Auni, for the morning as she was lucky enough to be on Christmas break a day earlier than the rest of her family.  She was to arrive about 7:15, by no means early for our household.  So I had my alarm set for 6am to get up shower, tidy up a bit, and finish some unpacking from the weekend.  7 came around and I'm done with my "to do list" so I have a cup of coffee, check email and facebook.....girls still sleeping!  Auni arrives we're watching cartoons and chatting.  Gets to be about 8am and she asks me "when do you think Sydney and Karsyn will wake up?"  I say, "they are usually up by now, so I'm not sure....."  Finally 8:15 I hear "mommy", Karsyn's awake!!  She usually isn't the first of the two to wake up.  Then 8:30 I hear Sydney "mommy!"  Ok, they have slept almost 2 hours past their normal waking time!  Got the girls breakfast and dressed by now its 9:15.  I had planned making cookies for a fun activity for us to do.  Auni was going to be leaving at 11:15, as Sydney had her kindergarten screening at Noon.  So time was running short, which I was not expecting!  Made the dough, cut out Christmas cookies, let them cool and frosted most of them before Auni had to go.  Then my friend Amy was coming over to watch Karsyn while I took Sydney to her screeing, which went fabulous BTW!!  Got back around 1:00, put Karsyn down for a nap.  Sydney and I colored and cleaned up.  By 3:00 Karsyn was still sleeping and I was tired so I asked Syd if it would be ok if her and I "rested" the couch until Karsyn woke up.  She agreed and before I could believe it we were both out.  I woke at 3:45.....Karsyn still sleeping.  Both girls woke up about 4:00!  After supper, a parts run for Patrick, bath, stories and a little Polar Express, Sydney asked if she could go to bed!!!  What!!  She never does that!  Of course you may go to bed!!  Lets go!!!  What a weird day!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment