Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love and Logic

So during the last few weeks (with the holiday craziness and such)  I've come to notice that we have lost it......I'm talking about kid control.  The whining at our house is at its highest volume, the fighting over toys has become unbearable, listening in general is well.....nonexistant to say the least.  The girls have taken over and run this house and I've decided to put an end to it ASAP!  I took a class a couple years ago called "Love and Logic".  Its a parenting class to help "raise responsible kids without raisng your blood pressure".  This class targeted on kids birth to age 6 (there is one for older kids too).  The techniqes I used on Sydney (back when I just had one child) worked great!  She listened and life was good. Patrick was unable to attend the class with me so there was a lot of me telling him how to do it.  (which you can imagine didn't go over well)  Of course I've offered him to read the workbook they handed out but he never got to it. ;)  Last week at Sydney's school they gave out information on a seminar about "Love and Logic".  The speaker is a son of one of the founders of "Love and Logic", Dr. Charles Fay.  It's a two hour seminar (instead of the 6 week one I took a couple of years ago) and Patrick has agreed to go with me!  (after much pleading)  I think he will respond better if he hears it right form the people who educate about it then from me.  Then we can decide how and if we will use the techniqes they recomend and more importantly have a consistent way of discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment