Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Almost 4 and almost 2!!!

SYDNEY:

*Has most books in our home library memorized so forget about skipping pages, a word said wrong and she corrects you before you can even blink.  I do it on purpose to make sure she's listening sometimes. ;)

*Loves going outside to play in the snow and as of this year I have to drag her in cause Karsyn and I are cold and want to go in. She wasn't  much of a outdoor girl when it came to snow and cold last year, she used to be the one begging to head in. 

*Can go potty all by herself these days.  With the exception of yelling for me to come and wipe her when she has gone poo. 

*Loves to do anything that I call a "project".  Could be anything from crafty to taking out the garbage.  As long a I call it a "project" she is in.   

*Every night when she goes to bed she needs a summary of what we have going on the next day.  Where we'll be going or doing, who's coming and so on. 

*All of a sudden whatever I make for supper is something she doesn't like and we have daily battles on getting her to eat.  She gets caught up on, how many bites she has to eat or if the bites have to be big or small.  She gets her plate and immediately asks how many bites she has to eat.  Its exhausting to be honest.  Our Love and Logic tips are helping us on this issue and as of tonite made great progress. 

*She has super long hair right now and when its wet hangs almost down to her butt.  I should get it cut/chopped but don't have the heart to do it right now.  I don't want her to look older, cause she acts old enough! =)

KARSYN:

*Is 80-90% potty trained.  She has yet to master the pooping.  Usually starts going in her pants then finishes in the potty.  Last night we gave the girls a bath and while I was gathering jammies quick heard Syd yell "mom Karsyn pooped in the bath tub!"  First time she's ever done that.

*Wants to do everything herself.  Such as getting dressed and taking off her clothes.  Monday I went to get her out of her crib in the morning when she woke up and she was naked!  Yup jammies and dipaer too!  Awesome......   

*Loves to wear her snowpants around the house cause they make a swishing noise when she walks. 

*Is kind of a neat freak. When something isn't in the right spot or if I leave a cupboard door open she points at it for me to close or put away correctly.  Yikes!! 

*Is saying new "words" everyday in her own language anyway.  "Wawer"-water, "suppo"-breakfast, lunch, dinner or whenever she wants to eat she says that, "sissy"-Sydney, just to name a few. 

*Wants to drink out of "big girl" cups.  Water only goes in those....=)

*I should really get her first....I mean second hair cut (sydney gave her her first one last summer so i have a hard time counting it as her "first haircut").  She never leaves ponies or braids in so her hair its always hanging in her face and getting crusted with food.  Yummy.....  

*I think she loves her "blankie" more than me.  Thats ok, I'm sure I'm a close second anyway.  ;)

Can't believe Sydney is almost 4 and Karsyn is almost 2.  Time flying by so fast makes my head spin!!  WoW!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment