We made a trip to WI last weekend. Friday, I had to work and being Patrick had a "light day" he stayed home and did paperwork and what not. He brought me to work so he could have the truck home and get everything loaded and the girls picked up from daycare and be back to my work at 4. It worked splendidly! It was the first time in a LONG time that things went as planned and we left on time! Once we were on the road the discussion of what to do for supper begins....not sure why we even waste time discussing it because it usually ends up being McDonald's. Not my favorite but its quick and then I have happy kiddos for the moment, plus the happy meal toy is their highlight and is a distraction from the long ride.
After supper is done, usually books are next. The girls each "read" a book...out loud and usually at the same time. Then they trade books and ask for new books. It's funny to listen to them "read". "Mom can you put on our songs" was the next request...also funny to listen to them sing together. And last but certainly not least are the games. Usually the last hour they get pretty antsy and then the Mobigo and Leapster come out, they trade games and trade again and again. It ended up being a pretty nice ride down. The surprising thing was that they didn't sleep at all, which was a change, they usually fall asleep even if it is 20 minutes. We arrived at my Dad's at 9:00. Had some time with Grandpa, Sami and Ady then it was off to bed!
It's amazing to me that road trips are getting easier....I remember when I dreaded the long trips(as we have had some bad ones). Never thought those words would come out of my mouth...but its great! Now that I've said that, I'm sure our next one will be a disaster....
No comments:
Post a Comment