Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Too Strict???

So those of you who know my girls I have some "girly" girls on my hands.  They love to dress up, play mommies/babies and of course paint nails!!!  We paint nails on a weekly or sometimes 2x a week basis.  So its pretty common around this household.  The other day at Syd's school I was chatting with a mom and she noticed that Karsyn had her nails painted and asked her if she painted her own nails (ummm NO she hasn't, she's only 3!!).  Then she went on to say how her daughter (who is going to be 5 next month) had a friend over and they painted their nails too.  And said that it was a funny story because her daughter started painting her nails, while the friend insisted she'd get in trouble doing it herself.  Turns out she lets her daughter paint her nails by herself ALL THE TIME as long as she's in the kitchen she can have at it!!  What?!?  Then she added that the friend dumped the bottle of remover all over and said she just laughed it off as no biggie!!!  Is this lady for real?!?  I usually paint the girls nails on a napkin, and they can't leave the table they are dry and checked by me.  So I thought....maybe I'm too strict....maybe I should let Syd branch out and have a go at it....  So since Karsyn is napping now I thought I'd let her try it....well....lets just say.....I don't think I'll make that a regular occurrence.  YIKES!!!

So....am I too strict???     

No comments:

Post a Comment