Last week Patrick and I were talking about moving his office, currently its downstairs in the room next to Sydney's. The plan (from way back when we built the shop) eventually was to have the office moved out to the shop, (he has a special area designated for it, just would have to make the walls for it). Then when the office was moved out to the shop we'd move Karsyn downstairs in that room. Then we'd have a spare room for visitors and what not, instead of using air mattresses. Knowing that its just not in the budget right now to make the office in the shop Patrick had another idea....maybe we could move the office upstairs and move Karsyn downstairs. That way I'd have the computer upstairs, where I've been wanting it for a while and Patrick thinks that might help him get paperwork done (not sure about that but I'll go along with it). With both the girls downstairs maybe that would cut down on the toy clutter upstairs and keep the toys (for the most part) downstairs.... :) Since I mentioned a few times that I'm kind of LOVING that idea, and he does too, he says since we have some company coming this weekend we would have some help moving the heavy stuff upstairs. So....that means, according to Patrick, I'll have to paint that room before the weekend (since he doesn't want a green office). Plus, I can maneuver the furniture in that room around by myself, if the office furniture was in there I wouldn't be able to maneuver it to paint. I have the girls in daycare Thursday so I guess I'll do it then!! Patrick is leaving it up to me what color to paint. YIKES!! I'm no good at making decisions like that!! So I've spent sometime today looking online at colors and getting ideas. Wish me luck!!
On another note. With both the girls being downstairs there is a dilemma I'm facing. I have a monitor in Sydney's room now so I can hear her if she wakes up in the night. I know she could find me if she REALLY needed me but, I like the peace of mind with having the monitor in there. So, do I put the monitor in the hallway between the rooms and see how it works?? Or, do I go buy another monitor to put in Karsyn's room?? I'm thinking it will be worth it to buy a new one for my peace of mind, for that's priceless. :)
I say the monitor in the hallway is good enough. Those things are pretty sensitive. Plus, monitors are EXPENSIVE!
ReplyDelete