Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moving Karsyn

So we are about 80% done "changing it up". When you walk into the office it looks like the office, when you walk into Karsyn's room it looks like Karsyn's room....until you open the closets.  Karsyn's clothes are in the office closet and the office supplies are in Karsyn's closet.  It was a bigger job that we had anticipated moving the rooms and decided to skip the closets for today.  So....I plan to do a little here and there as I get time, as the items in the closets I should be able to move without help.  I plan on painting Karsyn's room at some point, as soon as I figure out how I want to decorate it.  I asked her what color paint she wanted in her room and she said "back" which means black....um no sweet girl I'm not painting your room black.  Then she said "pink", you'll have to talk to Daddy about that one, he has been "pinked out" for a while now.  Very doubtful he'll let that fly.  So that will be a project another day not anytime soon. 

Tonight is the first night Karsyn is sleeping downstairs in her new room.  Karsyn really didn't have a reaction when I put her in her crib in her new room.  Just the same as usual.  With Sydney I had to do some explaining how this was going to work.  For tonight I moved Sydney's monitor in the hallway (Patrick is making me try and "see how it works") for a trial run.  Patrick isn't convinced we need another monitor.  I explained to Sydney that not much is changing, I'll still put Karsyn to bed first and then I'll put her to bed and do our usual routine:  the quick preview of the next days events, hug, kiss, and I love yous.  I also explained that if she needs me she'll have to come and get me cause if she yells for me she'll wake up Karsyn.  The the part that made her smile was when I told her that her and Karsyn were "neighbors" now.   I thought that might be a deal breaker, turned out to be the best part for her. =)

So as I sit here and type my first blog in our office upstairs I wonder what the night will bring.  Will I hear the girls if they wake up?  Will I toss and turn "waiting" for them to wake up?  I'm sure I'll blog about it! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment