This past weekend we went to my Dad's and thankfully Patrick was able to go with us. We have a routine, Patrick ALWAYS drives for a couple reasons: 1) he gets motion sickness and can't even look in the back without getting dizzy, 2) he handles the cities traffic better than I do. We headed out of town about 5 on Friday. We grabbed some McDonald's and we were off. The trip was going OK, Karsyn was a little whiny but didn't think much of it and just dealt with it. Tried giving her toys, snacks, I even let her hold my had for a few minutes here and there. Then about an hour before my Dad's I heard "the sound" that put our road trip into chaos. The sound of puking! Are you kidding me! Look in the back and Karsyn is covered in puke. Now what?? I look over at Patrick, who is gagging, obviously he isn't going to be ANY help. Wishing I had some gloves from work, I got Karsyn out of her seat and peeled her clothes off and wiped her down with wet wipes and handed her off to Patrick who got her dressed. I got stuck cleaning the car seat....oh joy. After it was cleaned the best
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Worst road trip EVER!
Over the past 4 years its been interesting traveling with kids to say the least. As my family lives in WI we are on the road quite a bit. I've made the trip alone with Syd when she was little. I've also made the trip alone with both girls. It goes without saying that going alone with the girls isn't my first choice. But I'll do it if that's my only option. Mainly because its a lot of reaching in the back handing out snacks and drinks. Picking up dropped blankies and toys. Not to mention hearing "mommy" 10,000 times and "are we there yet" gets asked a couple time before we leave town. Just alot for one person to handle when battling traffic. I did make the trip alone a few weeks ago and it went OK. The last hour is the worst as the girls can't wait to get our of their seats, they get a little loud (whiny) and antsy (Karsyn has learned to unbuckle the buckle that goes across her chest....awesome).
This past weekend we went to my Dad's and thankfully Patrick was able to go with us. We have a routine, Patrick ALWAYS drives for a couple reasons: 1) he gets motion sickness and can't even look in the back without getting dizzy, 2) he handles the cities traffic better than I do. We headed out of town about 5 on Friday. We grabbed some McDonald's and we were off. The trip was going OK, Karsyn was a little whiny but didn't think much of it and just dealt with it. Tried giving her toys, snacks, I even let her hold my had for a few minutes here and there. Then about an hour before my Dad's I heard "the sound" that put our road trip into chaos. The sound of puking! Are you kidding me! Look in the back and Karsyn is covered in puke. Now what?? I look over at Patrick, who is gagging, obviously he isn't going to be ANY help. Wishing I had some gloves from work, I got Karsyn out of her seat and peeled her clothes off and wiped her down with wet wipes and handed her off to Patrick who got her dressed. I got stuck cleaning the car seat....oh joy. After it was cleaned the bestwe I could get it (with wet wipes), put the seat back in and tried to have Karsyn sit on a sweatshirt so she wasn't sitting in a wet seat but she insisted on sitting on her "seat". OK, then fine and we resumed our trip. She fell asleep right away and the rest of the trip was quiet. Pulling into my Dad's driveway I hear "the sound" again. Ugh!! I wasn't sure what to think of all that. She continued to puke until 12:30am. Was it the flu? Was it motion sickness? I wasn't sure until today. Found out my niece Ady is sick today, so the flu it is.... Sorry Ady!! To sum it up it was the worst road trip EVER!!!
This past weekend we went to my Dad's and thankfully Patrick was able to go with us. We have a routine, Patrick ALWAYS drives for a couple reasons: 1) he gets motion sickness and can't even look in the back without getting dizzy, 2) he handles the cities traffic better than I do. We headed out of town about 5 on Friday. We grabbed some McDonald's and we were off. The trip was going OK, Karsyn was a little whiny but didn't think much of it and just dealt with it. Tried giving her toys, snacks, I even let her hold my had for a few minutes here and there. Then about an hour before my Dad's I heard "the sound" that put our road trip into chaos. The sound of puking! Are you kidding me! Look in the back and Karsyn is covered in puke. Now what?? I look over at Patrick, who is gagging, obviously he isn't going to be ANY help. Wishing I had some gloves from work, I got Karsyn out of her seat and peeled her clothes off and wiped her down with wet wipes and handed her off to Patrick who got her dressed. I got stuck cleaning the car seat....oh joy. After it was cleaned the best
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment