Monday, January 17, 2011

Mr. Mom

Last weekend my hubby got to experience a weekend home with the girls, while I went to my Dad's to help my sister-in-law, Sami,  celebrate her 21st bday.  Here are some of the struggles he had:

1)  Satruday AM.  Patrick was cleaning the garage, the girls were "helping" and going in and out of the house playing and what not.  Sydney asks from the door way if she could have a sucker, (she had the sucker in hand already mind you) Patrick said no.  Sydney took the news very well (not usuall) and without blinking an eye asked if she could play downstairs.  Patrick said sure.  A minute later Karsyn comes up to him whining and saying "uck, uck".  After a bit he realised she was trying to say sucker, and then realised that she must have seen one to want one.  So off to find Sydney......  She was found downstairs behind the couch loudly enjoying her sucker.  Patrick was not happy and threw the sucker in the garbage and proceeced to have her scrub the floor from a crayon mess that occured earlier that moring.....

2)  For some odd reason Saturday was also "pee pants day".  By 8:00am Sydney had peed on the rug in the bathroom and Karysn had peed her pants at least once.  By noon Karsyn was on pants #3 and needless to say Patrick was losing his patience. Later that evening I recieved a text from him stating that he was going to start peeing his pants too cause it must be fun!!  Yikes!!  He got the girls bathed and in jammies and before he got Karsyn to bed she'd peed her diaper.  As of lately Karsyn has maybe one or two accidents a week and as for Sydney I can't even tell you the last time she had a accident.  Not sure what that was about. 

3)  When I arrived home Sunday about 4pm I was greeted by a couple very excited girls.  I noticed that Karysn's hair looked wet.  Upon further investigation I discovered that it was in fact lotion.  I had to ask Sydney how that happend because Patrick was on the phone when I arrived.  I say, "whats in karsyn's hair?" She says, "lotion."  I say, "from where?"  She says, "your room."  I say, "what was daddy doing when you playing with the lotion?"  She says, "watching TV."  Hmmmm......I see.  =)

I'm sure there are more struggles/mishaps that occured over the weekend that will come up as they are remembered.  =) 

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! I can totally see each of these things happening(although the sucker incident I saw coming a mile away--like the first sentence of the paragraph). Hopefully he appreciates you even more after a weekend like this---I think it's time for me to leave my kids with their daddy for a while!!!

    ReplyDelete