I've heard of the "terrible 2's" and heard form others that it should really be "terrible 3's". I did agree that the 2's weren't bad and the 3's were definitely.....worse. Well now having a 4 year old for the last 5 weeks I'd go back to the "terrible 2's" or "terrible 3's" cause the (as I call them) "frustrating 4's" aren't treating me so well. I've had people tell me that 4 is a great age, the kids know so much but, not tooooo much. (I think that's the problem) Here is a taste of what its been like lately.....
* "Mommy, you made the WORST supper EVER!"
* "I don't like you anymore, I'm just gonna play with Daddy and Karsyn!"
* "When I get bigger, I'm not gonna marry you I'm gonna marry Daddy cause I'm mad at you!!"
* "I'm mad at you!" "I'm not gonna talk to you anymore!"
* She's also using the phrase "I feel" a lot. "I feel like I want someone to lay with me when I go to bed."
(often times using "i feel" when it doesn't make sense)
* Lying is been a issue also. Blaming Karsyn for EVERYTHING.
......just to name a few. =)
It's kind of funny sometimes and I have to hold back my outburst of laughter but then I think, is she saying that kind of stuff to other kids/people?? I hope not!! When she has these moments I make her take a deep breath and calm down, if that doesn't work she has some quiet time away from the rest of us until she is calm and can use "nice words". Don't get me wrong here, most days are fine, and most of it is normal for a kid her age I'm sure, its just I hate to hear those hurtful words coming out of my sweet girls mouth.
She's also been waking up at night, crying about "bad dreams". The most common one is a ghost chasing her, then one of a dog barking at her. I try and talk about them with her but she says "I don't know". So I'm not sure if she really doesn't remember or if she doesn't want to talk about them. I feel bad cause those would scare the daylights out of me too!
Hopefully the 4's will turn around....soon! =)
I hear ya sista! Fours are tough, but I think they'll be even thougher once Tyler gets there!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Kayden has been having bad dreams too....usually involving wolves and witches ;)